Tomorrow, 9th November, sees the Moon going conjunct with Mercury at 10º Sagittarius at 13:34 hours GMT. This degree is relevant as it is that in which the Fixed Star Antares currently sits. This star, in the heart of the constellation of Scorpio, ‘gives men healthy colour, grants good memory and intelligence, makes them appear wise, and banishes demons.’ A close Lunar conjunction forms with this star and the MC at 13:18 that day, just before the Moon goes perfectly conjunct with Mercury, which will add further strength to the effects of granting good memory and intelligence.
An Antares Talisman is utilised by placing a mixture of Birthwort juice and Yew beneath a Sardonyx Stone inscribed with the sigil of Antares.
- Crush an even amount of Birthwort seeds and Yew berries with a pestle and mortar into 50ml of Olive Oil with a dash of Vitamin E oil a few days before the rite, keeping them sealed in a Mason Jar.
- Retrieve the jar an hour or so before the rite and strain the contents so that a clear oil is obtained.
- Five to ten minutes before the selected time, retrieve the Sardonyx and engrave the sigil of Antares onto it.
Seal of Antares
- Facing the Angle on which the conjunction is formed (South for Midheaven) Hold the Sardonyx over the open jar containing the oil.
- Recite the Emerald Tablet over both, fumigating with incense appropriate to the star’s planetary influences, which in this case are Venus and Jupiter, therefore Benzoin and Cedar (or any other fitting incense) are burnt.
The Emerald Tablet
“Here is a true explanation, concerning which there can be no doubt.
It attests: The above from the below, and the below from the above -the work of the miracle of the One.
And things have been from this primal substance through a single act. How wonderful is this work! It is the main (principle) of the world and is its maintainer.
Its father is the sun and its mother the moon; the wind has borne it in its body, and the earth has nourished it.
The father of talismen and the protector of miracle, whose powers are perfect, and whose lights are confirmed, a fire that becomes earth.
Separate the earth from the fire, so you will attain the subtle as more inherent than the gross, with care and sagacity.
It rises from earth to heaven, so as to draw the lights of the heights to itself, and descends to the earth; thus within it are the forces of the above and the below;
Because the light of lights within it, thus does the darkness flee before it.
The force of forces, which overcomes every subtle thing and penetrates into everything gross.
The structure of the microcosm is in accordance with the structure of the macrocosm.
And accordingly proceed the knowledgeable.
And to this aspired Hermes, who was threefold graced with wisdom.”
- Place the Sardonyx into the oil and fumigate again, making an improvised statement of intent based around your purposes for creating the Talisman.
Once the oil has been created it can be used to anoint oneself or consecrate some other object whenever the talisman’s effect is desired.